On 23 March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa, took strong and decisive action in the government’s response to the Coronavirus crisis and announced a national lockdown effective from midnight on 26th March 2020. The shutdown will last 21 days, coming to an end on 16th April 2020. This decision was a necessary step that has to be taken in order flatten the rate of Coronavirus infection and flatten the curve.
TLT-Turbo Africa fully supports the decision taken by the South African government and we understand that this approach is the only way to reduce and hopefully stop the spread of the virus. As citizens, we feel that this is the time for the nation to unite and work together towards this common goal.
In compliance with the national shutdown, TLT-Turbo Africa’s business premises and manufacturing facility will be closed from 18:00 on 26th March 2020.
The country lockdown and the global spread of the virus affects TLT-Turbo Africa as well as our suppliers and sub-suppliers leading to various cancellations and delays in product delivery.
The following outlines TLT-Turbo Africa’s response and actions as required by the government-mandated lockdown:
- All TLT-Turbo Africa Employees have been removed from the production facility effective 26 March at 14:00
- The facility will be guarded by specialised security to ensure no loss to property and equipment during the time of complete lockdown.
- All administrative activities shall carry on as usual, with employees working in their respective homes to attend to any customer and business partner queries.
- Regretfully, the travel restrictions imposed currently make it impossible for TLT-Turbo Africa to meet its contractual obligations to provide warranty or other service activities during this uncertain period.
- TLT-Turbo Africa has conducted a thorough risk assessment and reached a conclusion that the current interruption in production will result in a general delay of production and services, of 21 days.
- We will keep our clients and suppliers updated and will communicate any changes to the above as and when information becomes available.
We are taking our response to the developing coronavirus seriously. Ensuring that TLT-Turbo Africa is operationally resilient is of paramount importance to our clients and organization. As the number of coronavirus cases continues to climb, we will take every possible step to ensure that we are, in fact, resilient.
We wish all our customers, employees, suppliers and business partners (and their families) all the best, as the world grapples with this pandemic of COVID 19. We remain confident that the human spirit shall prevail in ensuring that more lives are spared until a complete return to normalcy. We would also like to extend our sincerest gratitude to the healthcare workers who are on the frontline of this crisis – our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
We encourage everyone to adhere to the hygiene and prevention protocols that have been recommended the South African government and the World Health Organisation, in order to impede further spread of the Coronavirus.
We take tremendous pride in being trusted suppliers to your business and will do everything in our power to deliver on that promise. Accordingly, we encourage you to contact your TLT-Turbo Africa representative who will be ready to help in any meaningful way possible and to answer any further questions.
Managing Director, TLT-Turbo Inc.