Although TLT-Turbo Africa is in the business of manufacturing and supplying Fan systems to the market, TLT-Turbo Africa is also a solution service provider.
To this end, TLT-Turbo Africa will also provide refurbishment of our products alongside a host of additional services. Added to this solution offering, we need to assist and support our clients in their ability to afford our product. To do this TLT-Turbo Africa is introducing novel ways to support the mines in making use of our products through our shared savings initiatives.
Repairs & Maintenance
TLT-Turbo Africa’s fan repairs services help support mines and businesses by ensuring that the equipment that they rely on every day is always operational. TLT-Turbo Africa simplifies the process of managing needed repairs by properly diagnosing, repairing and promptly returning fans to working order to reduce downtime. This offering ensures that our products, old or new, perform optimally and furthers our aim of providing the various industries that we supply to with the most efficient fans possible.
- Repairs are carried out at the TLT-Turbo Africa manufacturing facility in Pretoria.
- The provision of a dedicated repairs area and associated experienced and qualified personnel ensures that clients receive prompt service thereby minimizing downtime.
- The types of repairs carried out by TLT-Turbo Africa range from standard motor service and complete stripping to repair of damaged parts and repainting.
- TLT-Turbo Africa has the technical capabilities to extend repair services to fans supplied by other manufacturers as well.
Engineering Design & Analysis
Although specialized in high performance fan design and manufacture, TLT-Turbo Africa also offers aeronautical and mechanical engineering consultation services that include design, optimization, analysis, machining/manufacturing and testing of bespoke fan solutions. TLT-Turbo Africa’s integrated service results in efficient designs that are simultaneously optimized for function and noise (if required).
- Fans, impellers and wind turbines
- Prototypes/models of shafts and beams
- Fatigue and stress calculations
- Composite design and manufacture
- Masts/antennae/towers pump, motor and gearbox selection
- Failure analysis
- Finite Element Modelling (FEM) of Bearing, weld fastener selection etc.
- Design optimization
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Analysis Manufacturing / Machining
- Product Design, Development and Testing
Noise & Vibration Services
TLT-Turbo Africa has the capability to determine the spectral noise characteristics of its fans through both prediction and measurement. Similarly, a vibration measurement capability exists in-house. With over 25 years in vibration analysis and abatement, TLT-Turbo Africa is a leading expert in this field.
- Abrasive environments
- Solution of specific problems (for example pumps, fans, compressors etc.)
- Vibration dampening and isolation analysis model
- Vibration analysis
- Vibration measurement
- Vibration prediction
- Vibration abatement
- Custom Hardware & Software Development
Fluid Dynamics & Aeronautics
TLT-Turbo Africa’s access to wind tunnels and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), combined with top aeronautical engineering capability make it one of only a few independent sources of fluid dynamic and aeronautical expertise.
- TLT-Turbo Africa can assist with a range of issues from aircraft design to industrial flow problems
- Aerodynamic analyses
- Aerodynamic design and optimisation, for example on wings, propellers, wind turbines and large fans
- Solution of specific fluid dynamic problems (e.g. pumps, fans, valves, ducts)
- Product development, including aerodynamic design, manufacture and testing
- Wind Tunnel Testing
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Design Optimisation
- Product Design, Development, Manufacture and Testing